Re: [OFFTOPIC]: MS Porting Office to Linux?

CaT (cat@zip.com.au)
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 11:27:45 +1100 (EST)

H. Peter Anvin wrote the following:

> Followup to: <199903130005.LAA29090@zipper.zip.com.au>
> By author: CaT <cat@zip.com.au>
> In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel
> >
> > I shouldn't need to use theirs. I've got my own. It's the same as everybody
> > elses. They need to be LARTed. And I've fucked it off for precisely this
> > reason. I'll wait until a decent WP is available for Linux then waste
> > time on such crap.
>
> I'm quite happy with WordPerfect 8, and it doesn't play any funnies
> with the libraries as far as I can tell.

I needed to have it save as a Word document. It refused. :/ This annoyed
me lots as I needed this as Word. :/

It also wouldn't save as anything else. :/

*sigh*

--
CaT (cat@zip.net.au)                       URL: http://www.zip.com.au/dev/null

An electricity provider of New Hampshire, US has advised it's customers that in the event of a power failure they can log on to its website for more information... - Paraphrased from the New Scientist, Feb 6, 1999