Re: [OFFTOPIC]: MS Porting Office to Linux?

Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 22:24:19 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Nomad the Wanderer wrote:

> Since you brought up SO... I have it on my Solaris System and a RedHat-5.2
> system. On both of them, if I try to create a new document. I get an
> internal error and the whole thing blows out.

I have SO 5.01 installed over NFS on my Solaris box. Seems to work 100% -
never had a problem with it - unlike the Linux version which IMHO they
really fucked it up (i.e stupid reliance on glibc-2.0.7 and won't work
properly with glibc-2.1 - and I'm fucking not going to install 2.0.7).

Cheers,
Alex

--
 /_/\  Legalise cannabis now!