Re: SMP problem in 2.2.x, not in 2.0.36

Bernhard Kaindl (bk@suse.de)
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 06:16:17 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Eric Dittman wrote:

> I just bought a new dual PII motherboard (Gigabyte 6BXDS)
> and replaced my old PII motherboard (Gigabyte 6BXC). I
> was using 2.2.1, so I did a make config, turned on SMP,
> and then did a make clean ; make dep ; make bzImage. I
> copied this image over to /boot, added an entry in lilo.conf
> and ran lilo, then rebooted. The new kernel was able to
> detect and use both CPUs, but in X I have to sometimes click
> several times on a window to raise it. I downloaded and built
> 2.2.2 and have the same problem.

Just a note: I booted 2.2.3-SMP on UP and suddenly my PS/2 mouse
buttons were completely dead. Restarting X cured the problem.
With 2.2.2-UP still no problem. I'll try 2.2.3ac1 soon to check
if the other troulbes(including some very bad nfs related errors)
I was experiencing with 2.2.3-SMP-on-UP come back with 2.2.3-UP.

Bernhard