Re: NFS cache

Dave Weis (djweis@plconline.com)
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 15:40:13 -0600 (CST)

At last summer's Linux Expo (the real one :-) a group presented their
disk-based nfs client cache. My book from the show is currently loaned
out, but perhaps someone on the list has an address.

djweis

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Leszek Gryz wrote:

> Hello,
> I am a student of Computer Science at Warsaw University. My master
> thesis are related to distributed file systems and caching policies. I
> wanted to implement NFS client caching for Linux as part of my master
> thesis. But I do not want to work on something that is already
> implemented. I would by faithfull if you could write what is done (or will
> be done) in Linux, specially if Linux has NFS client caching (is it memory
> caching or disk caching?).
>
> I am looking forward to hearing from you soon,
>
> Leszek Gryz
> lg153550@zodiac.mimuw.edu.pl
>

> -

David Weis                | 10520 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50322
djweis@plconline.com      | Voice 515-278-0133 Ext 231
http://www.plconline.com/ | We're dans la maison  Carpe Jugulum