Re: Wake-up on Modem ring

Raymond A. Ingles (inglesra@frc.com)
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 09:12:19 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999 sinbuxs@typeb.sita.int wrote:

> Is it possible to wake-up my sleeping Linux by Ringing my Modem?,
> There is an option in my BIOS (Phoenix), [Wake-Up on Modem Ring],
> but turning on this option and enabling all the interrupts as system
> activity does't help.

My motherboard and BIOS has that option (ASUS P5A) but you need their
special modem to do it. It has a special plug for the modem to signal the
motherboard with.

Sincerely,

Ray Ingles (248) 377-7735 ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

"Engineering is like having an 8 a.m. class and a late afternoon lab
every day for the rest of your life." - Anonymous