Re: ext2fs sparse superblock

Gregory Maxwell (linker@z.ml.org)
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 01:32:01 -0500 (EST)

I use it on quite a few heavily used systems.

It seems quite stable, but it isn't backwards compatible with old
systems..

The only 'problem' I've had with it was that a FS that some fool mkswapped
was a bit harder to recover (just because I didn't know what the second or
thrid superblock backup address was off the top of my head)..