Re: Hard Drive Cache information

Alan Olsen (alano@adams.pcx.ncd.com)
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 10:10:03 -0800

On Mar 6, 7:47am, Vagn Scott wrote:
> Subject: Re: Hard Drive Cache information
> Andre M. Hedrick wrote:
>
> > Not broken, just a "Toshiba laptop"............see page one of message
> > at www.linuxhq.com...........you may want to find another laptop.
>
> Toshiba has apparently acquired a clue and released the IrDA spec.
>
> Are there other reasons for boycotting Toshiba? Are they witholding
> any other important information? Have they made any sort of public
> statement concerning a commitment to have every feature of their
> hardware supported by Linux?

Toshiba has started shipping their latest laptops in a plastic wrapper that
states that by opening the wrapper you agree to the Microsoft Licence
Agreement. (i.e. you cannot return the MS portions to get out of paying cash
to Bill.) They seem to be sucking up to Microsoft in a big way. (Which is too
bad because the Libretto is a pretty cool machine.)

I guess I will just have to get a Sony Viao. (When and if I can afford it...)

--
Alan Olsen        "Carpe Aptenodytes!"
alano@ncd.com