Re: which pci sound card does not have dropouts under load

Thomas Sailer (sailer@ife.ee.ethz.ch)
Thu, 04 Mar 1999 13:29:48 +0100

Ian Eure wrote:

> Me personally, I really like the Ensoniq AudioPCI / AudioPCI 97 /
> Creative SoundBlaster PCI, which are all basically the same card.
>
> They are pci (duh), supported by both ALSA and OSS, but not OSS Lite.

But there are drivers in the kernel with an OSS compatible API.

> They have 2 DSPs, one that does playback/record @ 16bit48k, one that
> does playback at 16bit48k. Nice mixer, four internal inputs(!!), one for

The es1370 (AudioPCI) second DAC can only do 44.1kSps plus integer
divisors.

> cheezy muzak in DOOM. It does do wavetable, but I have not looked into

They do _not_ have wavetable hardware, you'll have to do this in
software.

Tom