OSFMach and (Mk)Linux-2.2

Troy Benjegerdes (hozer@drgw.net)
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 15:43:20 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > MOSIX has existed as various extensions to various OS kernels at least as
> > early as the PDP-11 days. Their research group has been doing this for at
> > least 20 years. I doubt you could duplicate that work anytime soon.
>
> Actually you could do it in about a month using OSF Mach as the basis. The
> question is do you want to.

I have though about this awhile ago while kernel-hacking MkLinux on my
PowerMac 7100, which brings up another question...

What sort of technical requirements would there be to get a port of
Linux-2.2 to OSFMach included in the official source tree as another arch?
(MkLinux-2.0.3x could be used as a starting point/guide)