Re: EXT2_UNRM_FL

Tuomas Heino (iheino@alpha.hut.fi)
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 19:16:18 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 g@cx888441-a.cv1.sdca.home.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was looking through the ext2 source code, and I found EXE2_UNRM_FL which
> (I think ) will make the file with this flag undeletable (or recoverable).
> Is this thing ever implemented ? or if this flag works, where is the code
> for it? Thanx in advance.
>
> In case you were wondering, it is defined in dir
> 'linux/linclude/linux/ext2_fs.h'
> ext2_fs.h:187:#define EXT2_UNRM_FL 0x00000002
>
> but I couldn't fine that anywhere else..

CHATTR(1) CHATTR(1)
BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
As of ext2 fs 0.5a, the `c' and `u' attribute are not hon­
oured by the kernel code. As of the Linux 2.0 kernel, the
'A' attribute is not yet supported by the kernel code.
(The noatime code is still in testing.)

These attributes will be implemented in a future ext2 fs
version.
E2fsprogs version 1.10 April 1997 2
... so it looks like if it has been on the TODO list for quite some time ;)