Re: Was: APM-Bios: No poweroff on Gigabyte m/b w/ Suspend to disk in BIOS

Lourdes A Jones (lourdes@ljones.com)
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 04:42:48 -0600

The current revision bios for GA-586ATX is 2.0 released 8/14/98. There does
not seem to be a beta driver available. I also have this motherboard.

I've not seen this problem in my system. Obviously different hardware
combinations do change what works. I have had trouble with different memory
chips that were marked as the same speed rating, but which did not work well
together. Apparently the gigabyte boards are very timing sensitive.
(swapping memory with my GA-686BX let things work on both machines)

Pancho Horrillo wrote:
> So we are dealing with a broken BIOS, that is what I
> was trying to
> explain. I'll do a résumé:
>
> ˇ ATX Power Supply
> ˇ ATX motherboard: GA-586ATX
[snip]
> P.D.: Can anybody tell me what does 'IMHO' mean? and 'aka'?

IMHO - in my humble opinion
AKA - also known as

Hope this helps,

Lourdes