Re: 2.2.2 network freezing

Jason L Tibbitts III (tibbs@math.uh.edu)
02 Mar 1999 13:14:57 -0600

JZ> As Alan pointed out to me, it's most likely a dippy bridge forgetting
JZ> about you somewhere.

I can guarantee that this is not the case, as I tried on a single-cable
network (crossover cable) with a hot ARP cache on the sending machine with
no joy. However, I did find the cause of the problem; booting with 'nopnp'
solves my problems completely (at the expense of sound, of course). Now to
read a pile of docs and figure out how to PnP-configure the sound card but
not the Ethernet card....

- J<