Re: [Real fix] Re: Kernel panic: can't push onto full stack

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 00:08:28 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Alexander Viro wrote:

> Because it isn't. Suppose we have 5 sockets - A, B, C, D and E.

gc_current is the head of a single linked list of unix_socks.

>Initial state:
>*dummy
>pushing A and B. Result:
>dummy <- A <- *B
>pop() returns B
>dummy <- *A <- B
>pushing C
>dummy <- A <- *C
> <- B
^^^^ This link doesn't mean that it's pointing A but it's just
a trick to tell at the garbage collector that the sock A
has not to be shrunk in the hitlist.

I still think that calling it a tree is quite confusing. Maybe I didn't
understood the code completly though (I never looked into it before
this evening).

Andrea Arcangeli