Re: Concurrent bottom halves

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 19:43:02 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, B. James Phillippe wrote:
>
>>I understand that a bh is not re-entrant, if that's what you mean. But do
>
>All bh are not reentrant in respect of all other bh. You can't have two bh
>_handlers_ running at the same time.

Ah, I forgot to tell you about the tq_scheduler task queue. It I remeber
well tasks queued on it, can run at the same time of bh handlers, but I
don't think it's good for you since it doesn't run on regular basis (just
to make more clear it's not called frequently as a timer_bh or an
immediate_bh). As its name tells you, it's called upon schedule().

Andrea Arcangeli