Re: The inode thing (2.2.1)

Tomasz Przygoda (tprzyg@securities.com)
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:07:15 -0500

O.K. didn't have to wait a week so it means it's totlaly random in my
opinion, and it's not only 2.2.1 glitch, but 2.2.2 has the same thing.

Since I'm cc'ing this time to the l-k and l-smp then here's what's
happening:

Machine dies at random with:

Kernel panic: can't push onto full stack
There's nothing else on the screen nor there's anything in the system
logs.

The message comes out of the net/unix/garbage.c:
/*
* Garbage Collector Support Functions
*/

extern inline void push_stack(unix_socket *x)
{
if (in_stack == max_stack)
panic("can't push onto full stack");
stack[in_stack++] = x;
}

If any other informations are needed please contact me directly.

Thanks!

Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Tomasz Przygoda wrote:
>
> >I would reboot that server on my "usuall" schedule today, but...
> >unfortunately it crashed this morning with that very same message, and
> >it was "vanila" 2.2.1, so this means that the "stack-thing" is not
>
> Could you try vanilla 2.2.2? 2.2.1 has still an inode leak...
>
> Andrea Arcangeli

-- Tomek,
"A sufficiently primitive malloc(3) is indistinguishable from memory leak."