Re: SCSI CD-ROM Timeout

Richard B. Johnson (kernel@soia.erols.com)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 14:46:03 -0500 (EST)

If I remember correctly, when I am using the CD-ROM in FreeBSD (if
mounted, playing, etc) it won't eject if i push the button (It is not
installed now so I can't test it, but I am pretty sure).

I wish I can time it to see how long until it says these errors messages,
but let me see, it takes about 11 seconds for cdparanoia to say:
SCSI transport error: timeout waiting to read packet
Then it continually says unable to WRITE ...
Then about 30 seconds later it pops up with that same message (below) in
the kernel log daemon.