Re: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?RFD:_use_of_`xtime=B4_in_2.2.1_and_nanoseconds?=

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 14:22:18 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Ulrich Windl wrote:

>Hello,
>
>going to nanoseconds needed some more fixes in kernel code. I'll
>present some fixes here where kernel code directly accessed `xtimeŽ
>and not one of the interface routines.

If you check ftp://e-mind.com/pub/linux/arca-tree/2.2.2_arca2.gz

you'll see that I am always using a get_xtime() function that takes care
of races. Otherwise you can get an xtime uptodate only in one of the two
fields. So basically accessing xtime directly is going to be always bogus.

Andrea Arcangeli