Re: PROBLEM: Sending mail-attachment > 45k with Netscape via sendmail hangs

Romano Giannetti (romano@dea.icai.upco.es)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:33:59 +0100

On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 03:03:26PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > I have a self written client/server to reproduce the problem.
> > If somebody is interested in it, I could mail it (about 4kb).
> >
> > Unfortunatly it seems that only very few machines are affected
> > otherwise we should see much more bug reports.
>
> Networking is a good one for showing up very specific time related
> problems. Does your stall remain if you tcpdump the session, and does
> disabling sack make any change (its in /proc/sys/net/...).
>
> Alan

Where is WCHAN of the stalled process? I've seen some stall too, but
one of these was totally network-unrelated, just a pipe, and the stall
was on pipe_read (or pipe_write). I can reproduce one with jed, but I
do not know if it's a jed bug or some other thing.

Bye,
Romano

--
Romano Giannetti, Professor  -  Univ. Pontificia Comillas (Madrid, Spain)
Electronic Engineer - phone +34 915 422 800 ext 2410  fax +34 915 596 569