Re: How to enable LPSTRICT option (kernel 2.0.36 - printer driver)?

Sergio Orsatti (orsatti@uninet.com.br)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:21:05 -0300

> On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Tim Waugh wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Sergio Orsatti wrote:
> >
> >> I have an Epson Stylus Color 600 and when using the irq mode to
> >> print, it is very slow. Polled mode is fast. I've heard that this can
> >> be corrected by enabling the LPSTRICT option when compiling the kernel
> >> 2.0.36.
> >
> >It's not a compile option; it's an ioctl. You need to do something like
> >this:
>
> Ah well, just a bit of mess. In 2.0.36 the ioctl 0x060f means LP_STRICT
> while in 2.2.2 means LP_TRUSTIRQ.
>
> So yes you can just grab tunelp ftp://e-mind.com/pub/linux/tunelp/ and get
> my first (and only) tunelp release. If you'll use the -T option you'll be
> able to set/unset the STRICT flag in 2.0.36 I think.

Well, I've got your tunelp release. I used the -T on/off option but the
interrupt driven printing is still the same way: very slow...

I'll try a little bit more before I give up and upgrade to kernel 2.2.2.
Besides, I didn't receive a message from anybody saying that there
is a Stylus Color 600 printing fast (interrupt driven) with kernel
2.0.36.

Thanks for all the help I've received...

Sergio Orsatti
e-mail: orsatti@uninet.com.br
Brazil