Re: 2.2.2 (release) processes hang in 'D' state

Dale E. Martin (dmartin@clifton-labs.com)
24 Feb 1999 08:45:14 -0500

crosser@average.org (Eugene Crosser) writes:

> Quick report: 2.2.1 was running very well on a Pentium UP (uptime 20 days).
> When I installed 2.2.2, some processes stayed forever in 'D' status.
> *Maybe* all of those where trying to comminicate with the SCSI CDROM
> ("wmrack -mixer" from AfterStep and "mount /dev/cdrom ...").
> Will elaborate when and if I have more details...

I had the same problem on 2.2.2-pre4 and reported it to the list and got no
response. It happened only once in several days of uptime, so I think it's
a subtle problem. What compiler did you compile your kernel with?

Later,
Dale

--
| Dale E. Martin |  Clifton Labs, Inc.  |  Senior Computer Engineer    |