Re: Real Time scheduler?

Rik van Riel (riel@nl.linux.org)
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 15:58:57 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 7 Feb 1999, Shawn Leas wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Feb 1999 david@sparks.net wrote:
>
> > Are there any patches available to incorporate a poor-mans real time
> > function into the scheduler. FreeBSD's "rtprio" is what I'm thinking of.
> > Basically it runs all "real time" processes in time shared fashion before
> > running any "non real time" processes.
> >
> > Thanks in advance:)
>
> Didn't Rik Van Riel have something like that?

I am (or rather, will be once 2.2 stabilizes) working
on the exact opposite: SCHED_IDLE processes which only
run when the system's got nothing else to do.

As for realtime, the Linux kernel has had poor-man's
RT support for ages (3 or 4 years, IIRC)...

Rik -- If a Microsoft product fails, who do you sue?