Re: can't compile joliet as a module in 2.2.1 or 2.2.2-pre2

Nat Lanza (magus@cs.cmu.edu)
07 Feb 1999 20:55:54 -0500

Gerhard Mack <gmack@imag.net> writes:

> Menuconfig doesn't seem to let me set Joliet as a module on my
> system, I really don't want this compiled in, anyone know why this is
> happening?

You haven't looked at the code in fs/isofs, have you? The Joliet code
only gets linked directly into your kernel if the ISO9660 code does.

CONFIG_JOLIET changes the way the isofs code works; it'd probably be a
pain to make it compile to a separate module loaded by isofs.o.

Also, I don't really see why making it work that way would be
worthwhile -- the extra code involved in CONFIG_JOLIET amounts to
about 1.5K of object code on my i686 box.

--nat

--
nat lanza --------------------- research programmer, parallel data lab, cmu scs
magus@cs.cmu.edu -------------------------------- http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~magus/