Re: Framebuffer bug

Navindra Umanee (navindra@cs.mcgill.ca)
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:08:44 -0500

Montreal Sun Feb 7 16:05:15 1999

Arvind Sankar <arvinds@mit.edu> wrote:
> couldnt figure it out. I just edited that atyfb.c and compiled. that is
> the dirtiest way to do it imaginable, but have a look at it anyway:
>
> around line 1974 in drivers/video/atyfb.c:

Cool. I'll try that if it turns out that's the only way.

> > Some problems I've noticed:
> >
> > * XF86_Mach64 runs at an annoyingly lower refresh rate of 60Hz instead
> > of the usual 70Hz with the ATY driver.
>
> huh? XF86_Mach64 has nothing to do with the fb driver. change ur X modeline.
> like:

No, my modeline is exactly the same as it was. If I boot up with a
text console, X reads the modeline and does 70Hz like it's supposed to
but if I boot up with the ATY driver, X reads the same modeline but
does 60Hz instead. All this as reported by my monitor (and it's easy
to tell anyway, since 60Hz is much worse than 70Hz).

> say video=atyfb:off

Thanks,
Navin.