Re: Linux-2.2.2-pre2..

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 19:09:06 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 7 Feb 1999, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

>And what is the tty->link in some word? It point to a a new tty that uses
>the ->other driver. And the o_tty->link point to us. But I haven't
>understood more about it so far...

Ah I had a clue playing with /dev/, pty is the master tty and there can be
only 1 task attached to it. Once a pty has a taks attached, it's slave tty
(ttyp??) become usable and there can be many task attached to the slave
tty.

xterm attach to pty (that act as a the server for our eyes) and bash print
things on the xterm via ttypx, OK, now everything in tty_io.c looks more
understandable to me ;).

Andrea Arcangeli