Re: Linux-2.2.2-pre2..

Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 17:28:06 -0500 (EST)

On 6 Feb 1999, Philippe Troin wrote:

> Rebooted, ran them on the console.
> Got a really bad oops, the log was garbled, the only thing I could
> note down was EIP, which translates to:
>
> 0xc01115d2 is in del_timer (sched.c:475).
> 470 static inline int detach_timer(struct timer_list *timer)
> 471 {
> 472 struct timer_list *prev = timer->prev;
> 473 if (prev) {
> 474 struct timer_list *next = timer->next;
> 475 prev->next = next;
> 476 if (next)
> 477 next->prev = prev;
> 478 return 1;
> 479 }
>
> ...which is rather unusable.
>
> Methinks there's still a problem, and just checking for tty->termios
> to be non-null fixes one symptom.
>
> Are these 'dev (03:00) tty->count(0) != #fd's(2) in do_tty_hangup'
> and 'null tty in fasync' really harmless ?

It means that either you've got a struct file leak or something is playing
bad games with filp->private_data. In theory it may be any other subsystem
using the same field. IIRC tty code more or less blindly assumes that
meaningful value in private_data means that we have a tty-related struct
file. Potential candidates: AFFS, CODA(?), drivers/net/cosa.c(?), ISDN,
APM(?), MTRR(?). Do you have any of those beasts?