Re: Linux-2.2.2-pre2..

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 11:10:03 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> I've still yet to see a fix float by for 'out of memory' problems in 2.2.1
> where there's been sufficient primary and swap but under filesystem
> stresses programs get killed off with 'out of memory'. Is this an edge
> case just for my setup and nobody else has seen it?

If you can re-create it with pre-2, please give me a bit more information
about how to do so. pre-2 does fix a inode-related thing where we just
fail to notice that we have tons of inodes already for other uses, and
instead we allocate new ones, so the problem may be gone already. If not,
a short description of how to reproduce it, and I'll be on it like a fly
on a week-old dead donkey.

Linus