Re: A module bug in 2.2.1?

David Taylor (linux-mail@xfiles.nildram.co.uk)
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 08:19:50 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Marcin Dalecki wrote:

> Alan Cox wrote:
> >
> > > - Why the hell do we store the modules in the file system instead of a
> > > special purose database (read: single file), which would facilitate it
> > > to load them from a contignous block area on the disk really in front of
> > > the init process. (The system map should be stored at the same place.)
> >
> > Because
> > a) I want to be able to use standard tools on them
>
> No you are just telling excuses for coding and design lazyness...

Excuse me, have you actually done *anything* for the linux kernel?
(you might have, I don't know).

If not, could you please stop flaming people who are perfectly correct,
and who HAVE helped the linux kernel greatly, it's filling up my
inbox with lies....

> --Marcin

David Taylor
E-Mail: dtaylor@nildram.co.uk.spam