Re: Cx486SRx2 (Re: cx5x86mod)

Rafael Reilova (rreilova@ececs.uc.edu)
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 18:02:36 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

Thx for the pointer, but I have bad news. After going over the
code I remembered why this was never added to the std. kernel a loong time
ago when proposed. Many of the options made some older boards unstable.
The issues are the same as when it was suggested to make the
suspend_on_halt of the Cx686 default to on. IMHO, this will have to stay
as a module or (preferably) a user space utility. Only workaround would
be to generate a white-list of boards where the optimizations are safe,
but these are old boards and hard to identify.

Cheers,

Rafael