Re: Poor PPP performance in 2.2.x

bryan vold (bvold@uhc.com)
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 16:22:03 -0600

For me the PPP performance has gotten much better. I just upgraded my
PPro-166 to RedHat 5.2 and 2.2.1 kernel. I _never_ got transfer rates like
this before upgrading (was using 5.1 based system with latest dev kernels). I
used to get maybe 28-31 Kbs. Now I get 40+ Kbs. almost all the time. This is
a Motorola Modem Surf'r 56Flex modem. This is UP, 96Mb RAM, PPP as module,
all tools upgraded to recommended. M/B is ASUS P6NP5.

-Bryan

bvold@uhc.com