Re: adaptec ava-1505 card

Geoffrey Hardy (geoffhardy@hotmail.com)
Thu, 04 Feb 1999 10:56:49 PST

I'm having trouble getting my 1505 to work as well. I used the ISAPNP
tool to configure it for io port 0x140 and IRQ 11, but this is the
message I get when I try to load the module:

# insmod aha152x aha152x=0x140,11,7,1,0
aha152x: BIOS test: passed, detected 1 controller(s)
aha152x0: vital data: PORTBASE=0x140, IRQ=11, SCSI ID=7,
reconnect=enabled, parity=disabled, synchronous=disabled, delay=100,
extended translation=disabled
aha152x: trying software interrupt, lost.
aha152x: IRQ 11 possibly wrong. Please verify.
scsi : 0 hosts.
/lib/modules/2.2.1/scsi/aha152x.o: init_module: Device or resource busy

I'm not sure how to debug this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Geoff
ghardy@biztravel.com