Re: Problems with 2.2.x IP routing etc.

Mike Jagdis (mike@roan.co.uk)
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 17:26:52 +0000 (GMT/BST)

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999 kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:

> > I was sort of hoping it would just change the metric since the
> > destination, device, gateway etc. all matched :-(.
>
> Operation on routing tables have no side effects now.
> If you ask it to add --- it adds, if you asked to delete --- it deletes.
>
> Operation "RTM_JUMPROUTE" is not supported 8)8)8)

No, but "ip route replace" does a create or change which works when,
for instance, a different window is specified. I was just hoping
that the metric on an existing route could be changed as easily :-(.

Mike

P.S. Hey, just wait until I get started on "tc" as well...

--
    A train stops at a train station, a bus stops at a bus station.
    On my desk I have a work station...