Re: RMS at it again *sigh*

Albert D. Cahalan (acahalan@cs.uml.edu)
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:07:07 -0500 (EST)

Ron Forrester writes:
> On Wed, Feb 03, 1999 at 02:55:42PM +0100, Henrik Olsen wrote:

>> Why should RMS care about Linux anyway, it's not GNU.
>
> What do you mean its not GNU? Dude, you need to take a look
> at all the tools you use every day on linux. Probably 75% of
> them are GNU, from bash to tar to grep to gcc.

Try counting some time. The only GNU thing I am running right now
is bash. That is 20% of my processes, but only 4% of my programs.
(you forget all the non-GNU daemons and GUI software)

> Linux would be VERY unappealing if it weren't for GNU.
> nuff said.

It would be trivial to substitute zsh. Then I would be 0% GNU.

I see Alex Buell dragged out the RMS cultists. Don't do that.
We don't want a Linux Kool-Aid party.