Re: New kernel - netscape hangs

Christof Damian (christof@mediaconsult.com)
Wed, 03 Feb 1999 09:46:42 +0000

Mark Lehrer wrote:

> Since installing 2.2.1, I am having a strange problem.
>
> I have the glibc2 version of Communicator 4.5 and when I hit the "new
> msg" button in the Messenger, it freezes and must be kill -9'd. It is
> strange to me that there have been no updates to 4.5 since the initial
> release in October..
>
> Is anyone else having this problem? I'm on Red Hat 5.2, BTW, nothing
> fancy.

I think this happens if you got your mail directory on a NFS server. If
you mount this with "nolock" it works (I am not sure that is the right
thing to do though).

christof

--
Christof Damian                [ we are looking for perl and linux
Technical Director               programmers, more information @