Re: .NET subscribers silenced at VGER ...

Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@sonera.fi)
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 11:38:36 +0200 (EET)

jalvo@cloud9.net (John Alvord) wrote:
> >I've received no messages from the list since 29-30, and worst I've no
> >response from Majordomo@vger.rutgers.edu from any commands. I've no
> >idea whats what, I still receive from other lists, but vger is silent.
> >Can anybody give me a clue?
>
> I am seeing this also. Several other folks on linux-future have
> mentioned it and we all have domain names ending in .net.
> ???

Huh ? (checking things at vger) ... outch, a routing
database entry error diverted all .net to a faulty
address since 29th of January. Now fixed.

Not all (any?) of lists at vger have removed subscribers
due to this type of bounces, but the emails thru lists
to these recipients have been lost.

... now who had those brown paper bags ? :-(

/Matti Aarnio <mea@vger.rutgers.edu>
<matti.aarnio@sonera.fi>