Re: [patch] SMP fixes 2.2.1

David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:21:08 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, David Weinehall wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Tim Fletcher wrote:

[snip]

> If I'm not altogether wrong, my PS/2 8555 (model 55sx 386/16, of course a
> UP-system) has the same kind of problem; that is, it doesn't reboot
> correctly. On rare occasions, it manages to, though.

Maybe I should have added that it doesn't manage to reboot at all. After
shutting down and issuing the reboot, the computer just hangs... So this
is probably not the same problem. Not that I consider it a real problem;
why reboot the computer in the first place?! There's always a
power-switch...

/David Weinehall
_ _
// David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </