Re: Problem with ttyS0 on Linux 2.2.1

Robert Schiele (rschiele@uni-mannheim.de)
Mon, 01 Feb 1999 23:32:16 +0100

Found it out myself!

The problem was that there was an old module of the serial module in the
modules directory. The Kernel module loader loaded this although it was
already compiled hard into the kernel. (That seems strange to me!)
That's why it was twice in /proc/tty/drivers!
I deleted it, and what should I say, it worked!