Re: network loopback doesn't work in 2.2.1?

Marc Lehmann (pcg@goof.com)
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 21:14:48 +0100

On Sun, Jan 31, 1999 at 07:28:46PM +1100, Michael Slade wrote:
> Marc Lehmann wrote:
> >
> > After booting 2.2.1, I found that, although the loopback interface was
> > up, no route was pointing to it, and "telnet 127.1" didn't connect but
> > eventually timed out.
>
> I had a similar problem when I upgraded from 2.0.36 to 2.2.0pre9. As it

Similar, but not the same (unfortunately).

> turns out, the routing and interface stuff has changed somewhat, so your
> network configure scripts need some tweaking. This worked for me:
>
> ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 up

Didn't help. It must be something that changed between pre9 and 2.2.1.
The route is there (but not automatically), still it is being ignored
(unable to ping etc..)

> Also make sure you have the right net-tools. (1.49 or later I think).

As I said: 1.50

The choice of a GNU generation |