Re: 2.2.1 SMP Scalability to 4-way

urbanski@us.ibm.com
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 09:52:29 -0700

The applications are Blast and hmmer from http://blast.wustl.edu and
http://hmmer.wustl.edu. Blast 2.0 is the first application I was talking
about, but unfortulately isn't provided as open-source so there's probably
not much that can be done. Hmmer is though. Solaris is currently runnning
Hmmer on the same hardware about 100% faster than Linux - and I'm not sure
why. Hammer does compile with pthreads enabled. I can provide you with
the model files I am using if you are interested in doing the comparison
yourself.

Jay Urbanski
Netfinity Systems Engineer
IBM Advanced Technical Support
MCSE, PSE, Certified Solaris Systems Administrator
(817)962-3597 TL 522-3597
(817)962-7307 fax
(800)413-9093 pager
urbanski@us.ibm.com