Re: Unicode console patch

Stanislav V. Voronyi (stas@cnti.uanet.kharkov.ua)
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 01:02:51 +0200

In message <Pine.LNX.4.05.9901301738150.508-100000@qrnik.knm.org.pl>
Marcin 'Qrczak' K. writes:

>> ftp://linux.esc.kharkov.com/pub/linux/myown/uni.patch
> ^

>Now it seems to work perfectly, thanks! Hope all this will get into the
>official kernel at the appropriate time.

I make a mistake fixing the pseudographics drawing and broke
possibility to have different translation on each console. Now I fix
all mistakes found by me and put the new version to this URL.
This patch is against 2.2.1

>Oh, one more thing: Linux standard line discipline erases only a single
>byte with Backspace, even in UTF-8 mode, although on the screen the cursor
>goes back the whole character. This needs fixing.

Yes, it is a real bug. And imho this must be fixed in 2.2
I'll try to do something when I'll have enough of free time.

>> Also you can get my version of kbd which support all unicode
>> possibilities in kernel:
>> ftp://linux.esc.kharkov.com/pub/linux/myown/kbd-0.97vsv.tgz

>I'll look at it. Can it do more than Yann Dirson's console-tools
><ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/keyboards/
>console-tools-1998.08.11.tar.gz>?

I don't have a look at console-tools, but I think they are
similar. I just updated kbd package for new kernel. If you have some
wishes about it - write to me.

SY, Stanislav Voronyi.