Re: [patch] down_norecurse(), down_interruptible_norecurse(),

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 19:19:15 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> > norecursive semaphores. Personally I would remove MUTEX_LOCKED and I would
> > left only MUTEX, MUTEX_NORECURSE and MUTEX_LOCKED_NORECURSE... I'll do

MUTEX_NORECURSE probably isn't for a mutex -- it's semaphores that don't
want recursion. It would be nicer to have something like
SEMAPHORE(initval). If I thought long enough about it, I'm fairly sure I
could come up with a situation where you'd want to initialise a semaphore
to >1.

> Does somebody think as me (and Tim) that it worth to have usable
> norecursive semaphores in the kernel?

Surely, as scsi_error.c is a case in point.

Tim.
*/