RE: 2.2.1: RPC problem

David B. Rees (dbr@spoke.nols.com)
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 17:08:56 -0800 (PST)

On 29-Jan-99 Tim Waugh wrote:
> While mounting an NFS export, I got this on my UDB:
>
> portmap: RPC call returned error 61
> RPC: task of released request still queued!
> RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
> portmap: RPC call returned error 61
> RPC: task of released request still queued!
> RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
> lockd_up: makesock failed, error=-61
> portmap: RPC call returned error 61
> RPC: task of released request still queued!
> RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
>
> The UDB's "/" is NFS-mounted from the same PC that this mount attempt was
> for. The mount succeeded after a few seconds.

I see the same thing here, currently between 2 2.2.0ac2 machines using knfsd.

Jan 26 23:45:01 spoke kernel: portmap: RPC call returned error 111
Jan 26 23:45:01 spoke kernel: RPC: task of released request still queued!
Jan 26 23:45:01 spoke kernel: RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)

Same symptoms, and eventually succeeds after a few seconds.

-Dave