Re: Horrible parport performance when IRQ enabled

Alexander Adriaanse (AMADRIAA@us.oracle.com)
28 Jan 99 10:29:53 -0800

--=_ORCL_12857210_0_0
Content-Transfer-Encoding:quoted-printable

Tim,

The base address is 0x378. I had my BIOS set up to use IRQ 5 for the parall=
el
port, but when I changed that to IRQ 7 and made the driver use the same IRQ
the performance drastically increased!

It's weird that it's so slow using IRQ 5, while for as far as I know there a=
re
no conflicts with that IRQ.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,