Re: SLOW SLOW SLOW tar with 2.2.0

Ulrich Drepper (drepper@cygnus.com)
28 Jan 1999 17:38:34 -0800

Michael Talbot-Wilson <mtw@calypso.view.net.au> writes:

> Uli, can we please have a RELEASE of glibc? It is now a "stable"
> kernel series. Do we have to use an ALPHA libc with it? The last
> release was 2.0.6, and you long ago were telling people who fell
> over the bugs in it to upgrade.

I'm ready to release 2.1, only the SPARC people are trailing. I'll
make another test release tomorrow (probably) and the final release
will be next week if nothing critical happens.

> Also, is the crypt for 2.0.111 on the .no site? There has been no
> sign there of a glibc-crypt versioned for recent glibc alphas.

This is not my job anymore. I'm not in Europe anymore. But there
will in the one or other way a documented way to get the add-on. I've
written in the test release announcements where to get it.