Re: 2.2.0 oddity

Marc MERLIN (marc_news@merlins.org)
28 Jan 1999 19:28:52 GMT

On 27 Jan 1999 19:25:16 -0800, Nathan Myers <ncm@best.com> wrote:
># cat /proc/interrupts
> CPU0
> 0: 8237337 XT-PIC timer
> 1: 51998 XT-PIC keyboard
> 2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
> 3: 87981 XT-PIC smc91c92_cs
> 5: 1 XT-PIC soundblaster
(...)
>... No IRQ 4 events reported. The /proc/ioports report looks normal.
>Could the kernel be polling all the characters out before any interrupt
>gets generated? Is anybody else seeing this?

I believe that serial interrupts have never been reported in
/proc/interrupt, unless the serial port is actually being used by some
application. As far as I can remember, this is not a new behavior for 2.2.0

If you open the serial port with minicom or such, you should see your
interrupt.

Marc

--
"Microsoft is to software what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking"

Finger marc_f@merlins.org for PGP key and other contact information