Re: I will _not_ start accepting patches!

Rik van Riel (riel@nl.linux.org)
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 11:51:51 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, David Weinehall wrote:

> > I think rolling it all into one large patch would be a bad thing, who's
> > going to oversee integration? Linus. woudl you want to stare at upwards
> > of 1 megs of diffs spread across 5 revisions?
>
> Nope, that would be torture for Linus... At least unless they were neatly
> explained and separated into categories & non-interdependant.

OK, agreed. This was a little brainfart on my side. OTOH, all
the new code does need to be tested up-front. Preferably before
2.3 is branched...

> And I think that Linus need to participate to stop the meaningless
> ideas. After all, if the ideas doesn't pass Linus, it won't get
> into the kernel in the first place anyway...

I don't think Linus has time for that. Besides, most subsystem
people will know how to handle that as well -- in most cases,
Linus shouldn't have to be present in order to have bad ideas
taken down...

regards,

Rik -- If a Microsoft product fails, who do you sue?