Re: Dual Pentium II Kernel problem - Freezes during start.

Brian L. Walsh (bwalsh@physics.purdue.edu)
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 22:47:49 -0500 (EST)

I am having the same problem. I have a Dual Pentium Pro setup
(Micronics W6-Li motherboard, Phoenix BIOS). The 2.2.0 kernel compiles
just fine, and runs very well, I can really see the speedup over
2.0.36. However I am having the same problem as Pedro. If I try to
reboot using 'shutdown -r' The computer locks up before it initializes
the second processor. If I do a 'shutdown -h' and then hit the reset
button, it comes up great. I have not been able to track the
development kernels very closely since school started, the last
development kernel I ran was somewhere around 2.1.112 or so and I did
not experience this problem. Let me know if there is any other info
that would be useful.

Brian Walsh
bwalsh@physics.purdue.edu