Re: egcs 1.1.1

Khimenko Victor (khim@sch57.msk.ru)
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 21:30:45 +0300 (MSK)

In <87d84175wi.fsf@chinchilla.clifton-labs.com> Dale E. Martin (dmartin@clifton-labs.com) wrote:
> Carrer yuri <yurj@dns.alfa.it> writes:

>> I've seen a lot of Oops, in this mailing list, when people use egcs 1.1.1
>> Can this people try with gcc 2.7.3 or egcs 1.0.3?

> Actually, I was just wondering about this. Should we report kernel bugs if
> we compiled with egcs, i.e. is egcs compatibility one of 2.2.x's goals?

Yes, it's goal but since we are not there yet you should try to compile with
gcc 2.7.2.3 if you have troubles anyway. That is: 2.2.x SHOULD eventually work
with egcs 1.1.1 (and this of course could be achieved only if a lot of peoples
will try to use egcs 1.1.1 for kernel compilation :-) but just now there are
far not all glitches found so if you have problem you SHOULD try to compile with
2.7.2.3 and check is problem is still there. And in BOTH cases please report to
linux-kernel list.