Re: unresolved symbols in/kernel version needed...

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 21:38:50 +0000

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 27, 1999 at 06:14:33PM +0100, Yann Bizeul wrote:

> This time I need your help with modules...
> When booting I get this message for each modules compiled :
> Unresolved symbols in module /lib/modules/2.2.0/...
> and when I try to insmod, I get this :
> kernel_version needed but can't be found...

AFAIK, versioned modules are utterly broken in 2.1.x (for all except small
values of x) and 2.2. You have to compile new modules each time you compile
a new kernel version. mec will no doubt confirm or deny this :)

S.

--
"Apathy is not the problem, it's the solution"