Re: LINUX 2.2 SECURITY: more clues

Marek Habersack (grendel@vip.net.pl)
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 18:59:55 +0100 (EET)

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> The infamous "ldd core" problem seems to only occur under the following
> circumstances:
>
> 1. the core file is fresh - i.e. you run your cor.c program and then
> immediately do ldd core.
It was fresh on one of my machines.

> 2. More importantly than 1., it happens when there is some swap space
> in use - and does not happen when 0 bytes of swap are in use.
And I had over 2MB of allocated swap space.

Nothing happened. I might be wrong, but perhaps it's a bug with the RH5.x ldd
from the glibc package? AFAIR many people who reported the crash were using
RH5.x - some of them didn't mention which dist they use, but those who said
they're running Slackware or Debian dists didn't have problems. Perpahs that's
where one should look?

regards,
Marek Habersack