RE: modutils 2.1.121 breaking autoloading of 2.0.x modules?

Mike A. Harris (mharris@ican.net)
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 06:24:19 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Sid Boyce wrote:

> I've had this problem with 2.1.1xx kernels, but I've not yet tried
>it on pre-2.2.0 kernels. The problem I saw was that modules.dep was
>zero bytes long, strace showed traversing of directories, but not
>stat'ing the files in the modules directories.
> I posted the problem here, but no one else seemed to have hit it.
>I'll have another play with it in about 4 weeks time, see if it's the
>same.

Same here. My modules.dep is 0. I have to manually muck around
with 2.2.0 modules to get the following;

ppp
vfat
msdos
iso9660
cdrom
ide-scsi
ne2k-pci

virtually any module. Very few autoload.

--
Mike A. Harris                   Linux advocate      GNU advocate
Computer Consultant                          Open Source advocate

News for nerds, stuff that matters: http://.slashdot.org